List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Filter and tests
From:       ennobartels () t-online ! de (Enno Bartels)
Date:       2002-03-28 15:20:48

Hi

Robert Jacolin wrote:
------------------------

> 2. Test filters.
> I think it's would be interesting to make test documents to help filter
> writter to test their work and to put them together in a directory. I think
> we have all these kind of document in our filter directory, right ?
> Also, we will be able to used a very large panel of document, with
> each one a specific problem.

Very good
I thing I the cvs would be the right place for those test files - in a new
root directory - called koffice-test-docs.
With the following substructure (look at the end of the email)
I have separeted the winword, excel und powerpoint subdirs by their version
numbering - I thing this is important - to test each version differented.

Next I would prefer to add screenshots of each test file. I do so for the
applix-filters at home -> because I have no running applix-version on
my home pc - only at work I have one. So I can work at home at the filter
(if I have time) and look if the import result displayed by an koffice
application is correct.

If someone would start adding features to some existing filter he can see the
missing part on the screenshots.
If I look at the screenshots of the docs displayed with applixware and if I
then use the import filter I can see whats badly missing.

And of course I have about 40 testfiles for my applix filters
(and about 260 for the windraw filter - but thats not jet ready for kontour)
But I could one share the private files - not my files on work -sorry!

> Now, if we have a common directory, we can automatise (don't know if it's a
> good english word) tests by a command which open all the documents for all
> filters every week/month/... Also we will know always the filters status
> for all features (each document will test a feature, several document can
> test
> One/several feature(s) ).
I can be automaticly generated a status file - if the application did or did
not crash - but it can not generate the information if the feature is
good displayed -

> When a release will be done, the features status filters page(s) would be
> added in the released document.

> I think it's also possible to make that for koffice applications.

-----

 koffice-test-docs
   + general
        + xsltfilter