List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Filter and tests
From:       Robert JACOLIN <rjacolin () ifrance ! com>
Date:       2002-03-28 8:29:18

Hi,

1. Problem with filters

this week-end, I coudn't worked on my filter. When I saved with a filter,
kword crashed just before to access to this filter code, except for html
filter where the dialog box appeared.

Is it my configuration ? must I recompile all kword / filters ?

2. Test filters.
I think it's would be interesting to make test documents to help filter
writter to test their work and to put them together in a directory. I think
we have all these kind of document in our filter directory, right ?
Also, we will be able to used a very large panel of document, with each one a
specific problem.

Now, if we have a common directory, we can automatise (don't know if it's a
good english word) tests by a command which open all the documents for all
filters every week/month/... Also we will know always the filters status for
all features (each document will test a feature, several document can test
One/several feature(s) ).
When a release will be done, the features status filters page(s) would be
added in the released document.

I think it's also possible to make that for koffice applications.

Comments/flame/idea/opinion ?

bobby