List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: MSWord's strange linespacing (was: KWord's strange linespacing)
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-18 14:14:48

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 13:10, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 12:39:18PM +0100, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 December 2001 10:57, Clarence Dang wrote:
> >
> > A modern, true frame oriented program like KWord can never have a 100%
> > import or export filter towards an MS program like MSWord or MSWrite.
>
> I have spent 2 weeks allready on how to relayout all text in a seemingly
> random manner when you select another printer. Maybe I should just give
> up...

Please do _not_ give up, spending two weeks on such issues is nothing, I
once new somebody spending several (some!) months on such layout problems
without giving up: for me people mastering layout problems belong to the
brightest and the best!

So - instead of givin up - please continue at it and be sure KOffice users
will by happy for each day you spent on optimizing the layout, fighting
circular dependencies . . .

Cheers,

Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>

   BugCops  ***  Making Free Software Better  ***  http://bugcops.org