List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Translations in KOffice 1.1.1
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-12-18 13:54:09

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 14:45, Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes wrote:
> I was very surprised to see a new KOffice release announced yesterday. I
> have not seen any mention of this schedule to the translators.

Yes, sorry about that.
I didn't do a real schedule for that one because we were waiting to find
the reason for the severe printing bug in kword, there couldn't be a release
while this was unfixed. When we finally decided to release, I should have
dropped a note, didn't think of that.

> Now I wonder which translations are included with KOffice 1.1.1. Those in
> KDE_2_2_BRANCH or those in HEAD? If it's the 2.2.x translations, then no
> great harm is done since the strings have stayed unchanged (I think). If the
> translations are from HEAD, then most translations are incomplete. The
> translators should have been informed in any case.

I took the translations from KDE_2_2_BRANCH, of course.

http://www.kde.org/people/david.html (my real webpage is down)
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops