List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword frames
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-05 14:13:21

On Tuesday 05 June 2001 13:10, Richard Bos wrote:

> > > Do you want a wish item for this?
> >
> > If you have a precise idea of how it could work :)
>
> I have a rough idea: is it possible to create a picture description (title)
> bar in the frame/frameset window.  This bar will be usable in case of a
> picture only.  When I searched for it, that window/dialog was the first I
> looked for.  Perhaps Thomas can add his experience with this to it.
> I assume that it can be used for tables and such as well.

So the frame would carry its title itself. Makes sense.
Well, that means we could do it in the base class - and provide
the related coordinates conversion so that the frame itself doesn't have
to care about the title.
Actually that sub-part of the frame would have to be a textframeset on its
own (that's the only way to store text).

I don't think this is limited to pictures. Part frames, Text frames, etc. could
all have a title, no ?

And to activate that title frame.... well the RMB on the frame or the Frames menu
would be a good way. I asume we also need "title on top" and "title at bottom"
(I remember this from my discussion with Shaheed about it).

Well, that all sounds good. One day :)

> > Another... We need to check which pictures are still used, when saving....

Done.

> > So many bugs... so little time....
>
> Unfortenately not enough coders!

Yup. When do you learn C++ ? ;-)