List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword frames
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-05 11:10:15

On Monday 4 June 2001 22:42, David Faure wrote:
> > > At the moment there's no direct way to do that (I mean, no specific
> > > feature), so you have to use a text frame...
> >
> > Do you want a wish item for this?
>
> If you have a precise idea of how it could work :)

I have a rough idea: is it possible to create a picture description (title)
bar in the frame/frameset window.  This bar will be usable in case of a
picture only.  When I searched for it, that window/dialog was the first I
looked for.  Perhaps Thomas can add his experience with this to it.
I assume that it can be used for tables and such as well.

> > > Yes, very much so. There's an image collection, and when you delete
> > > the image it doesn't get removed from the collection since it's still
> > > in the undo/redo history.
> > > Somehow we need to distinguish the new image as a different one.
> > > Simon: I guess this is the reason for the timestamp stuff in
> > > KPresenter..... Do you see a way to fix this ?
> >
> > I think because of this the pictures that have been inserted in and
> > removed from the kword file are still available in the pictures
> > directory.  I have now 1 picture in my document, but I've 3 pictures in
> > the pictures directory... Same problem or another?
>
> Another... We need to check which pictures are still used, when saving....
>
> So many bugs... so little time....

Unfortenately not enough coders!

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no (/)home the journey is endless