List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem with kspread
From:       Hasso Tepper <hasso () estpak ! ee>
Date:       2000-09-28 8:40:13

montel laurent wrote:
> Le mer, 27 sep 2000, David Faure a écrit :
> > What's missing in kspread is a way to enter some text and force it to be
> > text, like what Excel does when starting the text with a single quote.
> > Laurent ? ;-)
>
> You can enter a text when you used : "
> exemple "12.5"
>
> But it's perhaps a good idea to force format as Text
> as in Excel.

Yes, it is good idea.

> But I must add a new translated string in kspread_dlg_formula : Text

No, You will not. It's already there in kspread.po ...

#: kspread_dlg_anchor.cc:53 kspread_dlg_special.cc:50 kspread_functions.cc:32
#: xml_doc.cc:117
msgid "Text"
msgstr ""

> I think that translater are not happy for the moment :)

As I said, it's not problem.

> > >I enter 9-12 - it turns to the -912,00 kr
> >
> > Huh ?
> > Do you have a recent kdelibs ?
> > This can't happen, unless you have an old kdelibs.
>
> It's a bug in klocale, I send you (david )a patch (I hope that it works)

Yes, I have recent kdelibs.

But one problem is still there. When I start kspread all kspread strings
appear translated, but all generic strings (Close, quit, cancel, print etc.)
are not translated. It's kspread specific problem. All other koffice apps are
ok. Clean install (make cvs-clean etc.) and cvs update from yesterday evening.
What's wrong?

regards,

Hasso

--