List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem with kspread
From:       montel laurent <montell () club-internet ! fr>
Date:       2000-09-27 18:50:36

Le mer, 27 sep 2000, David Faure a écrit :
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Hasso Tepper wrote :
> >I can't find out how I can enter strings to the cell. I just reported it
> > as a bug few moments ago but maybe I'm just stupid ... :))
> >
> >I enter .255 - it turns to the 0,255
>
> Hmm, is this a bug ? If 0,255 is the way numbers are written in your
> locale, I think this is ok.
>
> What's missing in kspread is a way to enter some text and force it to be
> text, like what Excel does when starting the text with a single quote.
> Laurent ? ;-)

You can enter a text when you used : "
exemple "12.5"

But it's perhaps a good idea to force format as Text
as in Excel.

But I must add a new translated string in kspread_dlg_formula : Text

I think that translater are not happy for the moment :)

> >I enter 9-12 - it turns to the -912,00 kr
>
> Huh ?
> Do you have a recent kdelibs ?
> This can't happen, unless you have an old kdelibs.

It's a bug in klocale, I send you (david )a patch (I hope that it works)

bye