List:       koffice
Subject:    SGML DocBook export filter for KWord
From:       Wolf-Michael Bolle <Bolle () ID-PRO ! de>
Date:       2000-09-28 10:16:23

Hi folks,

we at ID-PRO are currently looking into how hard it would be to
implement a WYSIWIG type DocBook editor. Our idea currently is to get
KWord to export SMGL DocBook. I've had a chance to talk with David Faure
at the Linux Kongress in Erlangen (Germany) about it last week and he
said the subject boils down to going through the XML DOM tree of the
current document and pick the few things we would really care about,
like paragraphes, headlines, and so on, and output SGML DocBook code
into the sml file much like the HTML export filter does it.

Well, there haven't been too many people on this planet who have written
KWord export filters. Could somebody out there give me a little estimate
on how much work that could possibly be? Also how do you add a new
filter to KWord? Is there any kind of documentation or maybe a
do-nothing kinda template as a starting point?

Thanks

Michael

--
Wolf-Michael Bolle <Bolle@ID-PRO.de> (Products & Development)
* ID-PRO Deutschland GmbH * G.-Heinemann-Ring 135 * D-81739 M=FCnchen