List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kpresenter
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-22 6:59:11

Marko Samastur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've finally installed KDE 1.91 and although it seems nice, I already
> have few problems :/
>
> I used rpm's for RH on RH 6.2 with minor tweaks that shouldn't and
> couldn't influence the working of KDE 1.91. Because kdebase expects
> libkonsole, I had to install it with options --nodeps and --force.
>
> When I try to type text in kpresenter, I can't type space so I'm limited
> to one word per line. I used icon A for creating text area and double
> click to type in and got described problem.

I'll have a look, but IIRC this works for me.

> I can't start Kspread, because it segfaults.

The reason is a buggy icon(!) :)

Please go to $KDEDIR/share/apps/kspread and type

find . -name "*.png" | xargs file

This executes the "file" command on every KSpread icon. Now look
at the output. There are mostly 8-bit RGBA or 8-bit grey+alpha
icons. These are okay. However, there have to be some 2-bit colormap
icons which crash on startup KSpread...

Please use gimp to convert them, or use WebCVS (address is on the
kde.org homepage) to get the converted ones. Note: When using WebCVS
you'll get e.g. lo16-action-funct.png and you'll have to rename it
to funct.png, of course :)

> In general it looked great, but some descriptions were untranslated to
> Slovenian and since I'm pretty sure I translated everything, this might
> be a bug too. But I'd have to check this out so don't take my word for
> it :) (I'm too tired to do it tonight)

David did some i18n cleanup recently. If it's possible for you
please update soon (C. Molnar is packaging a newer version right
now) and report the remaining strings.

> In any case, Koffice is certainly something I look forward to.

Thank you for your reports.

--
Werner Trobin - wtrobin@mandrakesoft.com