List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Some Information Please
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () cobol2java ! com>
Date:       2000-03-06 9:11:55

Dir Sir,

Although this is not the mailing list to ask those questions (there is an
KDE-user mailing list for that) - then I'll answer...

At 12:53 06/03/2000 +0500, S. Kannan wrote:
>Dear Sir,
>
>We are a management consultng company based in Mumbai, India.
>
>I have been evaluating the possibility of shifting over from NT to Linux
>platform. One of the key requirements is a good Offce suite. I have been
>following the developments at www.kde.org and am quite excited at the
>prospects.
>
>Can yu guys let me know two things :
>
>1. What would be the recommended hardware specs (processor, Ram, HDD) for
>running Koffice ?

There are no official requirements that I know of, but from my experience,
on a minimum P133 with 64MB RAM it runs fine.

Warning - the KDE2 is NOT even considered a beta. Requirement maybe change
- so I would recommend for you to wait.

>2. When is Koffice likely to be ready in the final form (excuse me...I know
>that's a very unfair question)?

The official answer for that - is that KDE2 will go out with KOffice.
Timeframe for now is unknown yet (probably this summer)

Hetz

>Regards
>

>S. Kannan

Hetz Ben Hamo