Dir Sir, Although this is not the mailing list to ask those questions (there is an KDE-user mailing list for that) - then I'll answer... At 12:53 06/03/2000 +0500, S. Kannan wrote: >Dear Sir, > >We are a management consultng company based in Mumbai, India. > >I have been evaluating the possibility of shifting over from NT to Linux >platform. One of the key requirements is a good Offce suite. I have been >following the developments at www.kde.org and am quite excited at the >prospects. > >Can yu guys let me know two things : > >1. What would be the recommended hardware specs (processor, Ram, HDD) for >running Koffice ? There are no official requirements that I know of, but from my experience, on a minimum P133 with 64MB RAM it runs fine. Warning - the KDE2 is NOT even considered a beta. Requirement maybe change - so I would recommend for you to wait. >2. When is Koffice likely to be ready in the final form (excuse me...I know >that's a very unfair question)? The official answer for that - is that KDE2 will go out with KOffice. Timeframe for now is unknown yet (probably this summer) Hetz >Regards > > >S. Kannan ------------------------- Hetz Ben Hamo Sys. Admin. Intercomp http://www.cobol2java.com