List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: trouble with kio->kurl?
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-03-03 10:20:35

I haven't got to the bottom of the version of this problem that affects the
File Open dialog (BTW: does anyone know how to get gdb to load all the
required libraries so that breakpoints are easy to set, I cannot seem get
the sharedlibrary command to work).

But the command line does work...once you realise that Kword does not expect
a protocol identifier, but a raw file name. Of course I would have spotted
this earlier if the error dialog box had told me it was trying to open

/home/srhaque/word/file:xxx.doc

instead of

file:/home/srhaque/word/xxx.doc

when I said "kword file:xxx.doc" :-). Perhaps some attention is required to
make sure that the command line filename/URL processing of KDE apps is made
a bit more consistent (especially if the new kio is made all pervasive)?
Especially as we already seem to be getting a good consistent GUI approach.

I probably don't know enough about KDE to do the tidy up myself (yet!).

	Thanks, Shaheed