List:       koffice
Subject:    Bugs in Kword
From:       "C Y" <smustudent1 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-03-02 16:06:56

I'm using the latest binary build from Christopher Molnar (thanks Chris) and
I ran into some interesting problems with the import picture functionality.

Initially when I tried to import a picture, Kword crashed and complained (I
think) about kioslave not running.  I started kioslave manually from the
command line, and now I am able to get the menu to appear. The directory
selector in the upper right corner is shifted up and to the left, making a
rather odd appearance, but I assume that's just cosmetic.  The real problem
is that when I tried to insert a picture a) the scroll function in the menu
apparently isn't functioning and b) the .png image I was able to select
caused a big problem for Kword - it just ate cpu cycles until I terminated
it.  It was a big sucker so that may be part of it, or maybe png isn't
supported yet, but hopefully it would resize it or at least realize it's too
big or an unsupported format and let me know.  It looks like someone is just
starting to impliment this function,  and if that's so this is premature and
please ignore it.

Best,

C Y