List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: trouble with kio->kurl?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-03-03 14:23:14

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000, Shaheed Haque wrote:
> I haven't got to the bottom of the version of this problem that
> affects the File Open dialog (BTW: does anyone know how to get gdb to
> load all the required libraries so that breakpoints are easy to set,
> I cannot seem get the sharedlibrary command to work).

break main
run

> But the command line does work...once you realise that Kword does not
> expect a protocol identifier, but a raw file name. Of course I would
> have spotted this earlier if the error dialog box had told me it was
> trying to open
>
> /home/srhaque/word/file:xxx.doc
>
> instead of
>
> file:/home/srhaque/word/xxx.doc

That would indeed be a good addition for the error box.

> when I said "kword file:xxx.doc" :-).

file:xxxx.doc is not a valid URL nor a valid
filename. You can either specify a filename (xxx.doc or
/home/srhaque/word/xxx.doc) or a URL (file:/home/srhaque/word/xxx.doc)

((Well actualy file:xxx.doc is a valid filename, but not the one you
mean))

Cheers,
Waldo