List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: trouble with kio->kurl?
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-03-01 10:39:33

Hi David,

>Advice : load files from command line, while this bug exists.

I just tried. Unfortunately that seems broken too. Hmm, is this a different
manifesation of the same problem, or two separate problems?

============

$ kword file:sw_upgr_2418vc.doc
DCOPClient: setup DCOP protocol. Major opcode = 2
QGList::locate: Index 0 out of range
QGList::locate: Index 0 out of range
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::loadFromURL(
file:/var/tmp/file0X1.7A3784019CD0CP-895sw_upgr_2418vc.doc )
koffice (lib kofficecore): ######### FOUND MimeType application/x-winword97
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoFilterEntry::query( Export ==
'application/x-kword' and Import == 'application/x-winword97', <ignored> )
koffice (lib kofficecore): Query returned 1 offers

kword: Instance olefilter has no about data
koffice: OLEFilter::filter(): Unable to open input file!
shutdown timer started!

Notice how in the above case, KoDocument::loadFromURL() is passed a
plausible-sounding URL. In my original posting, it said:

koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::loadFromURL( No File )