List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KProject for KOffice
From:       Jost Schenck <uzsnty () uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2000-02-21 12:56:08

Hi!
I Cc: this mail to the KDE mailing lists, where the experts on this are, so
others can contact you.

Right now, I don't know of any working project management software for KDE.
I've often heard that people wanted to start on it, but all I remember is
a KProject long time ago, which unfortunately was stopped at a very early stage.
There are some projects on www.sourceforge.net, but I haven't seen one that
seems to be more than a design study. So your work would probably be very
welcome.

You can have a start by
- getting KDE-HEAD sources (either via cvsup or ftp, see on www.kde.org)
- taking a look at http://developer.kde.org which contains useful developer
  information (here you'll find standards for KDE apps as well as tutorials and
  other useful stuff)
- getting the KDE libraries documentation. (use the kdoc program on the header
  files)
- subscribing to kde-devel@kde.org and koffice@kde.org (note that kde-devel has
  very high traffic). See information on subscription somewhere on
  http://www.kde.org.
- as for KOffice integration: take a look at the example program in the
  KOffice module (KDE-HEAD branch)
- ask on kde-devel or koffice

Good Luck!
-Jost.