Hi! I Cc: this mail to the KDE mailing lists, where the experts on this are, so others can contact you. Right now, I don't know of any working project management software for KDE. I've often heard that people wanted to start on it, but all I remember is a KProject long time ago, which unfortunately was stopped at a very early stage. There are some projects on www.sourceforge.net, but I haven't seen one that seems to be more than a design study. So your work would probably be very welcome. You can have a start by - getting KDE-HEAD sources (either via cvsup or ftp, see on www.kde.org) - taking a look at http://developer.kde.org which contains useful developer information (here you'll find standards for KDE apps as well as tutorials and other useful stuff) - getting the KDE libraries documentation. (use the kdoc program on the header files) - subscribing to kde-devel@kde.org and koffice@kde.org (note that kde-devel has very high traffic). See information on subscription somewhere on http://www.kde.org. - as for KOffice integration: take a look at the example program in the KOffice module (KDE-HEAD branch) - ask on kde-devel or koffice Good Luck! -Jost. On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Default wrote: >Dear Jost > >We, Johan Marais and Corne Kloppers, are currently final year computer >science students at the University of Pretoria, South Africa. For our >final year project we are planning to developing a project management >application and would like to integrate it with KOffice (Linux rules). > >With regard to KOffice: > >- Are there any standards to which the software must adhere to and if so > >where can we get this information? >- How do we integrate a new package into KOffice? > >Do you know if any other developers are currently busy with a similar >project? > >Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. > >Kind Regards > >J Marais: johancm@mweb.co.za >C Klopers: corne@cs.up.ac.za -- Jost Schenck jost@schenck.de