List:       koffice
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: activity on Microsoft Word filter
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-02-22 8:52:21

Just a quick note to let the list know that I am actively working on the
Word filter for KOffice.

I have some early hacks going - I can read the text (but not yet the
formatting) of small word97 and word95 files - but am concentrating on
building infrastructure to abstract the obscure on-disk structures a bit. I
hope to have something to check into CVS (with help from Werner, I hope :-))
in a few days time.

My initial goal is to be able to read the "raw text" contents of a file;
probably the only formatting will be splitting into paragraphs. After that,
I plan to tackle formatting, probably starting with "functional" formatting
like:

    - lists

    - tables

Any ideas or suggestions welcome...