List:       koffice
Subject:    kplato multiple tasks, one resource
From:       "Quido Meijer" <Quido.Meijer () versatel ! com>
Date:       2006-05-05 12:32:00

--===============1035213490==

Hi,

I've got a question regarding scheduling tasks. I work alone, so I'm the one and only \
human resource. I added multiple tasks in my project. Right now all tasks start \
today, like kplato wants me to work on 10 different tasks simultaniously.

I would like an option which change the time for my tasks without me defining \
relationships between tasks. If there is no relation, I would just like to start on \
the first task and work my way down to the bottom. That way I can give an other task \
more priority by moving it up and recalculate the times/dates. This would give me a \
quick way to determine how much work I have and when I get to get to stuff, while all \
tasks are not really related.

An other thing which makes me ask for this feature is that I can't find an easy way \
to change the start/end time for a task. I'd have to open the task and enter a time. \
I'm sorry for the example, but in MS Project you can just pickup a task and shuffle \
it around. This would make my planning of my tasks also easier.

Lots of text, I'm sorry for that. It's just that I couldn't find in in the kplato \
handbook on KDE and Google-ing on tasks and resources isn't exactly practical either. \
I hope this mail doesn't bother you too much.

with kind regards,

Quido Meijer
Junior Developer

Tele2-Versatel
Hullenbergweg 101
1101 CL Amsterdam-Zuidoost
The Netherlands

Tel:	+31(0)20 750 2250
Fax:	+31(0)20 750 1550
Mail:	 quido.meijer@versatel.com
Web:	 http://www.tele2.nl or http://www.versatel.com

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise \
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or \
email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system.  If you \
are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or \
disclose the contents to any other person and destroy all copies of the original \
message and attachment.