List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord 1.4 BRANCH won't run
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-03-22 17:37:53

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> > In any case: if you want to use KOffice 1.4, get it from your
> > distributor/packagers.
>
> I am really offended by the presumptuousness.

Nobody is working on this branch: nobody knows in what state it is
Distributors who have made packages know they've got a working version.
It makes sense to turn to them. The other suggestion you got, to
run kbuildsycoca seems a good bet to me.

> IAC, could you please tell me where I can download the packages from the
> LFS distribution.

Never heard of it.

> So, you simply ignore bugs. :-(  And it is obvious that you simply
> ignore user's problems.

Yes, I simply ignore bugs in the 1.4 branch. I'm working about thirty
hours a week on top of my normal job to get 1.5 done. I don't have the
leisure time to indulge your antiquarian interests. If you can compile
KOffice from source, compile trunk. Then your bug reports will be useful
to me, and I will be prepared to help you for free.

Otherwise, you can pay me may current commercial rates, which are
E95,- per hour. Excluding VAT. Please contact sales@tryllian.com about
availability.

By the way, given the error messeageI think this is not a bug in the
branch: I think you messed up yourself.

Boudewijn