List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord 1.4 BRANCH won't run
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2006-03-22 17:24:48

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 March 2006 06:39, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> I have this strange problem.  It just doesn't work.  I started it
>> from Konsole and I get this:
>>
>> [jrt@localhost DeskTop]$ kword koffice (lib kofficecore):
>> kwordpart.desktop found. kword: m_countMaxWords: 0 Alarm clock
>> [jrt@localhost DeskTop]$
>>
>> Yes, the other KOffice apps seem to work correctly.
>
> Did you compile yourself from svn,

Yes.

> and if so, why?

I have had the SVN tree since the 1.4 branch was started.

> Did you have already a version of KOffice installed?

Yes, 1.4 BRANCH.

> In any case: if you want to use KOffice 1.4, get it from your
> distributor/packagers.

I am really offended by the presumptuousness.

IAC, could you please tell me where I can download the packages from the
LFS distribution.

> We're not working on it anymore. 1.5 will be released in a couple of
> weeks.

So, you simply ignore bugs. :-(  And it is obvious that you simply
ignore user's problems.

--
JRT