List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KSpread : first attempt at an outline for a new handbook
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-04-17 19:20:25

Hi Raphael,

I'm just back from my holiday...so a quick reaction.

Thanks for the feedback!

I can see your point of view for most of your
suggestions, I will try to incorporate them. I hope
that you will continue to read and react as the
chapters are written.

--- Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst@gmx.at>
wrote:

> [suggestion]
> Chapter 10 might include D-BUS if it is by then a
> topic for KDE (as far as I
> found out D-BUS might play a role in KDE4).

I haven't a clue what you're talking about here, but
I'll look around ;)

> [general suggestions]
> Although there is a dedicated tutorial section I
> wouls also suggest to put
> very simple examples into the first part of the
> book, this normally helps the
> user/reader to understand the current topic (I am
> one of those readers). For
> longer examples it is of course better to put a
> reference to the tutorial
> section.

Yes, of course. There will be plenty of examples in
the first section too. Everything will be done with
examples and screenshots! And I will add labels to the
screenshots too (but probably with numbers, not text
so that translators don't encounter too many technical
problems.

And about the integration with the existing handbook :
in the beginning I thought that it would be good to
paste the text of the existing manual in the new one
at the appropriate place. But now I think that this
book will be too far removed from the exising handbook
to do this. So I will use the existing handbook(s) as
inspiration for some chapters, but basically it will
be my work. So I(m aiming for a complete replacement.

Marc