List:       koffice
Subject:    Next koffice version.
From:       Laurent Montel <montel () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-18 8:44:10

Hi,

Next koffice version will release next year.
For the moment we have :
-> kspread/kpresenter/kword/kchart/kivio/kugar/karbon which will release
(stable program)
-> krita/kplato/kexi which was not release for koffice 1.3.

I don't know status of this three program, so could you inform me about status
of this application please. Do you think that it will possible to release it
next year ?

Other question, is it possible to create a koffice-1.4 feature page as
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.3-features.html ?
or TODO page.

I think that it's important to know what people want to add to koffice
program.

Important feature is to port all koffice program to oasis format, for the
moment kspread/kpresenter/kword support oasis format (not 100%).
I think that kchart must convert to oasis format (for the moment kchart format
is not good :( )

It will be a very good idea to port karbon to oasis format.

Il will be a very good idea to port kspread to kotext, I don't know how to
port it for the moment.

After for other feature, I look at into office or openoffice, but I think it
will be a good idea if somebody ask feature etc.

What do you think about it ?

PS: I cross post to koffice and koffice-devel because I don't know if all
koffice developer read koffice-devel.