List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Default text oriented templates
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-02-15 17:20:55

wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 14. Februar 2004 14:13 schrieb M. Fioretti:
> > > I found this a bit confusing. What I mean is, what is the difference
> > > between 1 and 3 (also A4 format)? Also, the number of columns is
> > > independent from the paper size, so I would have expected something
> > > like:
> > >
> > > 1) A4
> > > 2) A4, two columns
> > > 3) US Letter
> > > 4) US Letter, two columns
> >
> > The differerence is the pagesize German (DIN-A4) and US-Letter
> > pageformat.
>
> I know. My observation was from the point of view of the first time
> user. As already said, the default page size is normally a
> desktop-wide parameter, for all the documents one writes, regardless
> of the page layout. So my real question is the one at the end of my

Well, I suppose that the best would be a tab for ISO formats (A4, A5...) and
one for American formats (Letter...). The problem is that we do not have
templates for many American formats (no enveloppe, no 2 columns etc.)

So perhaps once KWord will be switched to OOWriter/OASIS format, it would be
time to look at what template we should offer. (However volunteers to create
templates seem as rare as developers.)

> Ciao,
> 	Marco Fioretti

Have a nice day!