List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kugar text formatting
From:       Alexander Dymo <cloudtemple () mksat ! net>
Date:       2003-11-08 11:38:32

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 15:38, Cerion Armour-Brown wrote:
> I understand the idea behind separating format and content into template
> and data files - however, I need data dependent text formatting...
> e.g. if sql query returns x, format as bold, if returns y, format as
> italic.
> Any way this might be possible with kugar?

Currently there is no good way to do this. Formatting tags in data files issue
is on my todo (but not of a high priority though).

> If not, any suggestions for any other way I might achieve this?

I can suggest a workaround.
Let's assume you have detail level 0 with report items, some of them with the
bold text format. Just create detail with another level (say level 1) and put
the same report items as you have in detail 0 and change formatting to italic.
When you create the data file, just create
<Row level=0 ....
if the query returns x, and
<Row level=1 ....
if the query returns y.
Rows will be printed in the order you put them into a detail file and with
formatting defined by a level.

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University, IT Department