List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kugar text formatting
From:       Cerion Armour-Brown <cerion () open-works ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-11-08 13:23:43

On Saturday 08 November 2003 12:38 pm, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 November 2003 15:38, Cerion Armour-Brown wrote:
> > I understand the idea behind separating format and content into template
> > and data files - however, I need data dependent text formatting...
> > e.g. if sql query returns x, format as bold, if returns y, format as
> > italic.
> > Any way this might be possible with kugar?
>
> Currently there is no good way to do this. Formatting tags in data files
> issue is on my todo (but not of a high priority though).
>
> > If not, any suggestions for any other way I might achieve this?
> I can suggest a workaround.

This workaround would be ok if it was just myself designing the reports...
Unfortunately, my client will not be so happy with this.
This functionality is make-or-break as far as my client is concerned - if
there's any possibility of upping the priority on this, it's got my vote!

Might I ask your opinion on how much work it would be, and what would be
involved, to implement this?  I *might* be interested in doing this myself...
or if too tough for me (not without giving it a good go :), even
commissioning someone else (yourself?) to do this.

Cheers,
Cerion