List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kspread slowness with a lot of data
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-02-27 22:12:29

On Thursday 27 February 2003 20:06, Norbert Andres wrote:
> > The slowness at the range end is due to the current expensive positioning
> > calculation.
> > Do you remember that I said we should switch to a fixed cell top/left?
>
> Yes. I do. Does it mean you will work on it? This is kind of important to
> know because if you don't I will put in this full RTL support without this
> feature (close to beta1). But it would be better to have the solution you
> mentioned before.

I don't think that I have enough time to finish it before the feature freeze.

With my limited time I will rather focus on the remaining bugs and some other
areas, which are not that intrusive. Yes I would like to do it, but it
doesn't help KSpread if I cannot finish it in time.

But let's see, in about 3 weeks I will be 3 weeks at home (for a different
reason, maybe some of you can guess why ;-). Maybe I have time then, so let
me decide then.

> > Just as an example: You added the mouse over function for the d&d of
> > selections. This involves for each mouse move this heavy calculation.
>
> Yes and no: because this slowness is independant of the mouse: so if you
> use the keyboard you get the same "speed". Maybe it is something with my
> configuration: even if I jump to cell A1 it takes half a second until
> everything is redrawn.

Yepp, that's what I was trying to express with: "For the general slowness with
only 3000 cells content, I'm clueless."
This is independent of all issues I mentioned and I simply consider this a
bug, which needs to be fixed for the release.

Philipp