List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kspread slowness with a lot of data
From:       Norbert Andres <nandres () web ! de>
Date:       2003-02-27 19:06:58

> The slowness at the range end is due to the current expensive positioning
> calculation.
> Do you remember that I said we should switch to a fixed cell top/left?
Yes. I do. Does it mean you will work on it? This is kind of important to know
because if you don't I will put in this full RTL support without this feature
(close to beta1). But it would be better to have the solution you mentioned
before.

> Just as an example: You added the mouse over function for the d&d of
> selections. This involves for each mouse move this heavy calculation.
Yes and no: because this slowness is independant of the mouse: so if you use
the keyboard you get the same "speed". Maybe it is something with my
configuration: even if I jump to cell A1 it takes half a second until
everything is redrawn.

Norbert