List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: wv2 testing (was: Re: wv2 command-line interface.)
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2003-02-27 22:13:41

This is what I did with the first generation MS Word filter:

1. I had a set of regression test documents, as you do

2. I wrote a script which invoked kword on the file. Unfortunately, I did not
know about koconvertoer, so I sat there doing a save and then exit from kword
(I did try scripting that using DCOP, but had a lot of trouble with that)

3. The script then extracted the top level xml from the .kwd, and compared it
against a reference copy

Then , when I made a change, I checked that no unexpected changes occurred in
any of the XMLs. The changes I expected, I checked, and then updated the
regression copy. It used to take 2 hours to run the suite.