List:       koffice
Subject:    Problems with KWord
From:       Eugenio =?iso-8859-1?q?Fern=E1ndez=20Carrasco?= <EUGENIO.FERNANDEZ () lugo ! usc ! es>
Date:       2002-07-16 17:32:25

Dear KOffice developers,

I have upgraded my linux box to SuSE Linux 8.0 distribution a few weeks a=
go.
This distribution includes KDE 3.0.0 and KOffice 1.1.1. All KOffice
applications runs fine but I have a serious problem with KWord. In fact, =
when
I write a document using any of the available fonts and I try to print th=
document (or simply, I select the File -> Print preview... menu) these fo=
nts
seem to be more greater than those selected in the document (I have a
LaserJet 4L printer), being the printed results quite different from thos=
e of
the KWord window. As an example, when I select the Times font with a size=
 12,
printed sheets are obtained with Times font of size 14.

Is this a known bug of KWord or could be a configuration problem of my li=
nux
box (ghostscript or printer configuration)? Is KWord a true WYSIWYG word
processor like AbiWord or MS-Word? Thanking you in advance,

=09Sincerely,

=09Eugenio F. Carrasco

| Dr. Eugenio Fernandez Carrasco                                       |
| Dep. of Chemical Engineering - University of Santiago de Compostela  |
| Facultad de Ciencias            Phone: +34 (9)82 223325 - Ext. 42271 |
| Avda. Alfonso X el Sabio s/n      Fax: +34 (9)82 224904              |
| Augas Ferreas - Fingoi         Mobile: +34 (6)00 942271              |
| 27002 Lugo, Spain              E-mail: eugeniof@lugo.usc.es          |