List:       koffice
Subject:    Problems with KWord
From:       Rob <rob () hairysocks ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-03-06 21:51:39

Hello,

I'm new to Linux, and Koffice, but would like to see both thrive. I've
just been using KWord 1.1.1 and found the following problems:

1. The "add to dictionary" option in the spell-checker doesn't seem to
work - the same words are marked as unrecognised when I reload my
document after a spell check and a save.

2. I had some problems with trying to use the Head 1, 2, 3 styles. I
wanted to use Head 1, with numbers, and expected the first use of Head 1
to be 1, the second to be 2 etc. But I found that if you put other text
(such as standard paragraphs) after a Head 1, then the next time you use
Head 1, the numbering reverts to 1. I tried changing the style on the
2nd and subsequent Head 1, so that the numbering started at 2, 3 etc. I
saved the document, closed it, then reopened it and all numbers had all
reverted to 1 again.

3. How do I generate a table of contents? All it seems to do at the
moment is just put a heading saying "Table of Contents".

Incidentaly, I am a developer, with (rusty) experince in C - maybe I can
help out? Or I can help on the documentation for KWord - it needs
completing and updating.

Cheers for now,
Rob