List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: some questions
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-06-18 15:09:10

Hello Marco,

I can only answer regarding KSpread.

Am Montag, 17. Juni 2002 19:31 schrieb Marco Zanon:
> Will KSpread support templates in KOffice 1.2?

Yes, KSpread 1.2 supports templates.

> 4) If I wanted to create a filter, should I download the whole
> koffice project via cvs or via "daily snapshot"?

This is quite easy. Do it via cvs! Anonymous or with own account makes no big
difference in the first view.
With daily snapshot you have to download always everything and then recompile
everything, while with cvs you only download the deltas and most times you
only have to recompile the changed sources (as long as David doesn't touch
the libs ;-).

> 5) Isn't there a direct way to donate money to KOffice, instead
> of giving them to the Kde general project?

My personal view:
I don't need money and I don't think other developers are looking for it.
What we need is every help: Making templates, writing documentation,
translating, testing, detailed bug reports, all this helps much more than
simple money. Even if we already have testers, document writers,... more help
more...
There is even no need for money directly sponsored for KOffice, as most money
used is for the expenses on fairs, which are KDE in general (AFAIK) and not
KOffice only.