List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: some questions
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-06-18 15:12:18

On Monday 17 June 2002 19:31, Marco Zanon wrote:
> Hi, I have some questions for the KOffice web site.
>
> 1) What's the real email address of the Word import filter's
> author? I tried to contact him to report some bugs but had no
> reply... or is it better for me to post on the devel-list?

If you are talking about Shaheed, he is very busy at the moment, so that he
cannot currently take care of KOffice.

So if you have bugs, use KDE Bugs: http://bugs.kde.org (As "application",
please choose "koffice-filters" (It is not in the default list, you have to
search for it.))

> 2) I currently have Mandrake 8.2 with Kde 2.2.2 and KOffice
> 1.1.1. Can I create templates with it for KOffice 1.2?

Normally, yes and it should work. If not, it is a bug.

> Will KSpread support templates in KOffice 1.2?

No idea, I leave this question to someone else.

> 3) Is there anyone involved in Lotus 1-2-3, Sun StarWriter or Sun
> StarCalc import filters? The Kde Programming Bible is going to
> arrive in a few days, so I may be ready for filters programming
> at the end of the summer... :)

For Sun StarWriter, I do not know, as I do know how much it is compactibly to
OpenOffice.

For the others, I think that there is nobody (according to:
http://www.koffice.org/filters/status.phtml )

> 4) If I wanted to create a filter, should I download the whole
> koffice project via cvs or via "daily snapshot"?

Prefer the CVS if you can. You will download much less stuff (after the first
download.)

In any way, when you will get a CVS account (because you have send enough
patches) you will have to work on CVS. So you should better check if CVS
works for you.

Instruction for anonymous CVS are at: http://www.kde.org/anoncvs.html

> 5) Isn't there a direct way to donate money to KOffice, instead
> of giving them to the Kde general project?

I am not aware of any of such a way.

> thanks so much :)
>
> Marco Zanon [http://www.marcozanon.com]

Have a nice day/evening/night!