List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Dualscreen with laptops (Fwd: Re: KOffice-1.2 release schedule)
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-04-01 15:24:22

On Friday 29 March 2002 12:58, Lukas Smith wrote:
|   >    It depends on the laptop (video chipset).  I have seen some that
|
|   allow
|
|   > separate displays, although most of them don't.
|
|   Actually most laptop chipsets support multi monitoring these days. The
|   question is just how good the driver support is etc.
|   The situation is far from perfect on Windows (only Win98 seems to have
|   it worked out across the board) and it does not seem to be any better on
|   Linux .. atleast for laptops.

Matrox cards are known to be good with multi-screen support, but
unfortunately Matrox doesn't manufacture chips for laptops, only for Desktops.

Anyway, I think you should be able to make dual-screen setup with latest ATI
chips (Radeon) and fresh XFree86 (XF 4.1, 4.2)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)