List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Dualscreen with laptops (Fwd: Re: KOffice-1.2 release schedule)
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-04-13 11:34:19

Am Donnerstag, 28. März 2002 22:09 schrieb David Faure:

> Subject: Re: KOffice-1.2 release schedule
> Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:02:08 -0500
> From: George Staikos <staikos@kde.org>
> To: David Faure <david@mandrakesoft.com>

> > >     Well I haven't tried it, but I can sometime.  I have a list of "hot
> > > spots" where grep found code that could possibly be xinerama unsafe and
> > > koffice was not included so I suspect that it should already work.
> >
> > Please re-read... the question wasn't about a standard xinerama setup but
> > about a laptop connected to a projector, and how to get different stuff
> > on the laptop and on the projector.... I doubt this is even possible.
>
>    Sorry I answered the wrong person :)
>
>    It depends on the laptop (video chipset).  I have seen some that allow
> separate displays, although most of them don't.

Ok, Ok I'm late ;-)

but, SIS630-chipset-notebooks (popular lo-cost notebooks like Gericom Webboy
series support this - and it is way cool! Last time I tested KPresenter on
Xinerama-notebook it cleared the external monitor and shows the presentation
only on the TFT :-} I think a sepeate Xinerama presentation window is a
killer feature (with a nice KPresenter-Logo for the audience when you havent
start your presentation ;-)

Another deeply missed KPresenter feature: Maximize scaling of a slide (e.g.
800x600 pt) when printing centred on A4 (or whatever). Last time I tried
printing of slides it was unscaled top left on a landscape A4. You can make
an option dialog when changing the slide layout dialog: scale to fit
(constant aspect).

BTW:
I'm really impressed by the qualitiy off kword-doc-import in current CVS. The
layout of the imported text looks great, sometimes when I enter a e.g. table
this destroys the formating, but so far: KOffice and filter-developer, great
job! :-))

Bye

  Thorsten