List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword and fonts
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-04-01 15:20:12

On Thursday 28 March 2002 12:15, Environment Centre of WA wrote:
|   Dear People -
|
|   Two weeks ago we installed Debian 2.2, KDE 2.2.2 and (of course) KOffice.
|
|   Trying out Kword today, I discovered that I was unable to access a whole
|   heap of extended characters from the center of the code-pages for any of
|   the installed fonts.  Specifically, I needed Alt+0151 "m-dash".  Also,
| the "Insert Character" dialog box was extremely unstable.
|
|   Is this a bug that you need to know about?  Or could it be something to
| do with the painful hacking I had to do to get our house fonts into the
| system?

I know that this may be not very good solution for you (as you just installed
KDE 2.2.2), but:

Try to install KDE3, and KOffice 1.1 compiled for KDE3.
Most of font problems disappeared in KDE3 (comparing to KDE2)
The only remained problem with Palationo will be fixed in QT 3.0.3 (according
to Lars Knoll)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)