List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: Dualscreen with laptops (Fwd: Re: KOffice-1.2 release schedule)
From:       "Lukas Smith" <smith () dybnet ! de>
Date:       2002-03-29 9:58:48

>    It depends on the laptop (video chipset).  I have seen some that
allow
> separate displays, although most of them don't.

Actually most laptop chipsets support multi monitoring these days. The
question is just how good the driver support is etc.
The situation is far from perfect on Windows (only Win98 seems to have
it worked out across the board) and it does not seem to be any better on
Linux .. atleast for laptops.

If you want a feature like having additional notes on the laptop TFT you
will need this feature.

I recently posted a question on slashdot about this:

Best regards,
Lukas Smith
smith@dybnet.de
 DybNet Internet Solutions GbR