List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice Development
From:       "T.J. Mather" <tjmather () tjmather ! com>
Date:       2002-03-20 0:33:21

From the feedback that we've received from users, one of the top
priorities is improved filters for MS Office, in particular a MS Word
export filter.  Ideally, we would like to be able to share the common MS
Office import/export code with other OS Office programs, including
OpenOffice and AbiWord.  To attain that goal, work has started on wv2, a
library for accessing MS Word documents.  For an overview of wv2, see:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wvware/wv2/ROADMAP.txt?rev=1.1

It would be really awesome to have a MS Word export filter for KWord based
on the wv2 library.

TJ Mather http://tjmather.com/