List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Question about compilation
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-05 0:23:19

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 17:43, Jan wrote:
> Hi,
> I've downloaded the newest version of koffice and compiled it, but I
> can't start the programs.
> The console gives me a message that the desktop file of the program
> doesn't specify the native MimeType of the program.

http://www.koffice.org/install-source.phtml tells you about what you have to
do
if you use a different prefix for koffice than you used for the rest of KDE.

> I think I have found out why, but I don't know how to fix the problem.
> When running 'make install' I get a message that says 'add /opt/kde/bin
> to your path'.

That's an autogenerated message, don't worry about that one.

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops