List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Umlaute in koffice
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-05 0:34:27

On Sunday 03 February 2002 23:58, Raimund.Kohl@freenet.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm as new to this list as I'm new to koffice - so I hope you will forgive
> if asking stupid questions :-)
>
> I am working with SuSE 7.1 and KDE 2.0.1. (and I hope to see that right
> koffice 1.0) on a laptop with US keyboard. How can I produce the german
> Umlaute like ae (that's an "a" with two dots above)? I worked myself a bit
> through the FAQ but couldn't find anything written on that. Can anybody
> help?

You should update to koffice-1.1.1, it's so much better than 1.0 ;)

Anyway, for a special char: either use the "Insert special character" dialog,
configure your XFree to use dead keys (see your favourite XFree config tool, I
suppose)... or there are some special key combinations on keyboards with
AltGr (hmm, seems to work with UK keyboards but not with US keyboards, since
they have no AltGr. On the UK keyboard I can do AltGr+'[' and then 'a', it
gives ä.)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops