List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Patch] Wallet support for KMail
From:       Martin Koller <m.koller () surfeu ! at>
Date:       2004-08-30 18:41:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 30 August 2004 14:44, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Hmm, whenever I close kmail now it asks for the wallet password. I don't
> want kmail to remember my passwords and I don't want it to annoy me either.

After upgrading to latest CVS I had also a problem with the wallet:
First kmail asked me for the password and did also store my account passwords
in the wallet, but after a while when I wanted to check mails again, suddenly
kmail asked me for every account for a password (for the account password,
not the wallets) ...
I have seen, that in the configuration dialog all the passwords were deleted.

I reentered all passwords in the accounts and then it worked again - but when
does kmail now use the wallet ?

General question: how does kmail decide whether to use the passwords stored in
the configuration dialog or from the wallet ?

And another one: why does kmail not also store the password in the wallet
which I enter when signing a mail ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.