List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: adding timestamp to transmission completed statusbar message
From:       Tim Jansen <ml () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2003-02-26 18:45:59

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 13:58, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > > 1. Use SLP to find smarthost SMTP servers.
> > > 2. Extend profile management with user profile creation,
> > > modification and fast switching (toolbar button).
> Note that the first one is an order of a magnitude easier than the
> second. The first one just needs a tiny class for OpenSLP encapsulation
> that you can probably mostly cut'n'paste from krdc and make the
> transport classes accept slp urls.

KServiceLocator in krdc is supposed to be re-usable and has been written with
the intention that it may be included in kdelibs one day.
The two major reasons why I did not go for that yet are a) ATM only krdc uses
it and b) there will be a major re-design in the next months, so that the API
is able to handle newer SLP extensions and prepared for whatever may come in
the future. (But don' let you stop by the re-design, I am willing to port
whatever you write using the current KServiceLocator)

I would also be glad to help with whatever you need for a SLP-based solution
(designing a service template and so on).

bye..