List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Integrated subset of make_it_cool
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-27 3:33:38

Hi All,

I just committed some code to cvs, there's no reason why we can't
still discuss it right?

I'm _ok_ with discussing the changes I've made to cvs. Let me explain:

I forked the make_it_cool branch out of cvs on or near Nov 30. I made
a copy of the cvs tree at that date and I have a copy of the
CVS/Entries file with all the version numbers.

Then over the next month I've integrated in bug fixes from
make_it_cool. I can post a diff of those bugs fixes.

Then I merged in the changes in the 3_1_BRANCH I can post a diff of
those changes too (let me do some work now, I can post these changes,
and a list of which version of which files I integrated after work)

So we can get a precise description of the changes made and identity
which changes on your list I've already integrated.

Finally committing the code to cvs also allows users to test in
parallel as we discuss the changes merged in ok? And that's what I
want I want to get actual feedback from users, peer review of patches
is useful but it's not a substitute for actual testing of the app.

However as a KMail Maintainer I do feel that it is appropriate for me
to participate in the kroupware merging. But perhaps instead of
committing it would be better if I take patches against the
3_1_BRANCH rework them against HEAD and post them to the list?

What do you guys think?

Don.