List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Knode-devel] KNode development status
From:       Christian Gebauer <gebauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-30 10:17:04

On Saturday 30 November 2002 04:05, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Friday 29 November 2002 13:10, Roberto Selbach Teixeira wrote:
> > > What do you think is a realistic goal for 3.2? I think one
> > > possiblity would be to build a unified article/mail viewer
> > > component.
> >
> > The viewer should be relatively easy indeed. Perhaps even the
> > composer might be unified with some kind of dynamic fields differing
> > from Knode to Kmail. It might be possible.

We have not very much news specifc code in the KNode composer, so
it shouldn't be too difficult. I would like to have the gimicks from the
Tools menu in the new composer, but this code can go into the common
classes.

> I'd like to tackle this one, as I've been toying around with KTextEditor
> interfaces and composer in KMail I think I have enough background to do
> it fairly efficiently. Changing the composer for KMail is on my TODO
> for 3.2 and unifying it with KNode is certainly a good idea. So if it's
> OK with everyone, this baby is mine.

I will take care of integrating the new composer into KNode. Zack, please
keep me informed about your work.

Greetings
Christ