List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Knode-devel] KNode development status
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-20 10:26:00

Hi Christian,

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier.

On Saturday 30 November 2002 02:05, Christian Gebauer wrote:
> On Friday 29 November 2002 13:03, Roberto Selbach Teixeira wrote:
> > On Thursday 28 November 2002 23:20, Christian Gebauer wrote:
> > > Does anybody else want to work on KNode? Can I help you in any
> > > way? Perhaps we should discuss/coordinate our plans.

My basic plan as discussed earlier is to make KNode a KPart. This will
allow it to be integrated into the Kontact/Kaplan framework along
with the KMail, KAddressBook and KOrganizer parts. Hopefully you are
still ok with this.

I see any merging of the KNode/KMail code as being orthogonal to this
effort, but certainly any merging that makes KNode and KMail behave
more consistently would be beneficial to Kontact.

If you are interested in looking at Kontact and seeing how it
integrates KMail (Cool), KAddressBook and KOrganizer then hopefully I
should have a working prototype release ready early next week.

Don Sanders / sanders@kde.org
KMail Cool  Co-founder / kmailcool.org
KMail  Adopter / kmail.kde.org
KDE PIM  Co-founder / kdepim.org
KAddressbook  Founder / kaddressbook.org
KDE  Contributor / kde.org