List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Leaving KMail development
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-30 10:26:25

On Saturday 30 November 2002 03:52, Zack Rusin wrote:
> Maintainer :  ...
Release Coordinator ;-)

> Mailing List : Send questions and thank you notices here:
> kmail@kde.org
Hmm, you know that will transform kmail@kde.org to a support forum
instead of a developer list?

> Core Developer: ...
> Core Developer: ...
> Core Developer: ...
> Core Developer: ...
I wouldn't fix the number to four, else some people would never be
listed there that clearly are.

> ...Other Developers...
Here, I'd like to propose to trim the list of authors down to people who
have actually committed something. People just sending a patch or two
can be listed in the credits page. As is it now, people like KHZ and Bo
who are contributing large to huge amounts of code and Waldo, who
contributes seldomly, but regularly, stand in a line with people that
sent one patch three years ago.

> Meaning, the maintainer name and address are on the top, the mailing
> list is underneath the maintainer (hopefully thank to it maintainer
> will not get a whole bunch of questions and emails not related to
> KMail development every day). And underneath the mailing list we have
> a list of four most active developers during the last release.
> Comments, questions?

Marc

--
If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy.
                                                    -- Phil Zimmermann