List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: mime tree layout
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-11 12:58:40

Aaron, this proposal was not meant as a make-it-perfect. It was meant as
a "hotfix" for 3.1.

I fully agree with you that the usability of that is poor. I actually
thought that buttons with pre-defined layouts would be a nice and
intuitive thing, but as it turns out the number of buttons is too great
and the mime part tree viewer options are not visually correlated with
the window layout.

What are your suggestions for _3.1_ w.r.t. that config page? Do you
think tooltips would work? Radiobuttons with text describing the
layouts?

<snip>
> why is there even a corelation between the two?*
>
> where is the visual cue indicating there is a corelation between the
> two?*
<snip>

Marc

--
They [RIAA,MPAA] are trying to invent a new crime:
interference with a business model.