List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Stuff I'm working on
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-11 13:18:23

On Wednesday 11 September 2002 13:31, Don Sanders wrote:
<snip>
> If it's not possible to adopt a free software project, and this is
> what Michael has told me in private mail, then I really wonder what
> those people who took up maintainership of Elter's orphaned packages
> just did.
<snip>

Matthias implicitely asked for people to step up for taking
maintainership for the various projects he was maintaining.

There is no(t yet a) conflict between two developers wanting
maintainership of the same package. In the case that there was, I'd
expect Matthias to decide or leave it to the ones working on it
recently.

I fail to see how that relates to your situation. If the former
maintainer (I'd think this would be Stefan Taferner) did the same as
Matthias now, and you stepped up as e.g. Zack did now, you would have
taken over maintainership from Stefan.
If Stefan silently went away and didn't send such a mail and you
"declared" yourself maintainer after a few weeks of working on KMail
alone, then, well, you were the new maintainer by developer decision
:-)

AFAIK, you asked to be called "Adoptor of KMail" instead of "Core
developer and former maintainer" in the about box.

Marc

--
Mutig warf sich die kleine Überwachungskamera zwischen Täter und Opfer!
                                        --Rena Tangens / FoeBuD e.V.