List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC:UserAgent string in kio_http
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       2000-07-14 11:15:30

Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> d.) Where is Harri ?

Here. Back from dental chirurgy ...

>  This would probably make it easier for Javascript to
> supply this information as well ???  Hmmm... the only thing here that is going
> to be confusing is how the javascript interpreter would deal with the multiple
> personality problem ( users can change the userAgent string!! ).

So far I had intented to retrieve the userAgent string from khtmlrc or
konquerorr (or default to "Mozilla/......." if nothing has been
specified). Of course, it makes no sense to have two seperate settings
so I'll fetch the data wherever and however it is stored for the io
slaves.

Harri.

P.S.: Yes, there already have been sites that treated konqy different
that other browsers ;)